Updating ASA for Websense Email Security v6.1
- Download the Anti-Spam Agent update on to
the same machine as Websense Email Security by clicking on the links below.
- Save the downloaded files in the Websense
Email Security program folder. This will overwrite the older files with the
- In the Windows registry, locate HKLM\Software\SurfControl
plc\SuperScout Email Filter\Server. Make sure the
RiskFilter Path key points to a file named ScoutRF.flt.
If the RiskFilter path points to a different file, re-name that file to
- Rename the scoutasa.flt file to
ScoutRF.flt. This will overwrite the previous file with the same
- Stop and then restart the Rules Service.
- The new Anti-Spam Agent components will now
be used in rules. A confirmation of a successful update will appear in the
Example: AntiSpamAgentPI Patterns File (date) Load OK.
Download ASA update files for Websense Email
(Note: For the Internet
Threat database, you must download and install BOTH update files.)